Hey guys! I’m so excited about all the changes that are coming to both Creative Spartan Mama and Crochet 4 Life Crafts! I’m so happy to see my goals completing left and right and way ahead of what I thought it would be.
I know that I have been absent quite a bit over the last couple weeks and I am sorry. I have been focusing on the exciting new things that you’ll get a taste of starting next Wednesday! I can’t wait!
But now onto what you came for today! The Recipe of the Week, Stuffed Peppers! Yum!
This recipe is another one of my favorites! This recipe for all of you trying to live a healthier lifestyle is quite healthy. If any of you are doing the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme this recipe is 21 Day Fix approved!
Here’s what you’ll need for 4 peppers:
- 4 bell peppers (color of your choice)
- 1/2 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp each ground cumin, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Tabasco (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
Now that you have all your ingredients here’s what you do with them:
- cook the rice according to the package instructions
- In a skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil, saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- While you’re browning the turkey, cut the tops off the bell peppers and clean the seeds out. (You can place the peppers in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes to easily remove the seeds. This will also soften the peppers a little bit. Make sure to drain on paper towels)
- Drain the can of tomatoes, but save the juice. Spread the juice on the bottom of your baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, sauteed onions and garlic, 1/4 cup of cheese, the rice, the tomatoes, Tabasco and seasonings. Mix well.
- Fill each pepper with the mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes
This recipe can be made easier but less healthy by using store bought taco seasonings and ground beef. If you use ground beef make sure to drain off and grease from the meat.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Recipe of the Week! Let me know if you decided to make this recipe and what you thought of it! I’d love to hear from you!
Also don’t forget to check out the new website for Crochet 4 Life Crafts HERE! See you Monday with a sneak peak into what’s going on for the month of March!